School Supplies for Kids
The School Supplies for Kids Program has been assisting students in need for 21 years!
- The program started with one neighborhood and now includes all public schools in Dane County.
- A list of the basic school supplies needed for each academic level was developed with the aid of area teachers.
What You Need to Know:
- Thanks to your support in 2014, we raised $47,317 toward the purchase of $51,661 worth of supplies that were delivered to more than 140 schools and made available to an estimated 23,760 students in need. This is more than 31% of the students in Dane County. The percent varies by school from a low of 4% to a high of 80%.
- Statistics from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction show that Dane County School enrollment has grown more than 9.9% in the last five years. In that same period however, the number of economically disadvantaged students has grown by more than 22%.
- 100% of every dollar donated, minus Paypal fees for online contributions, goes directly to the purchase of school supplies. All materials for mailing, postage, coordination time and delivery costs are donated.
- Our goal for the 2015-2016 school year is to raise $60,000.
Our Generous Partners:
- Shopko Department Stores
Shopko provides the school supplies at a huge discount and delivers them to Vogel Bros. Building Co.
- Mead & Hunt Inc.
Provides financial support and all of the labor to sort the supplies for distribution.
- Local 311
Provides financial suport and assists with delivery of supplies.
- Thrivent Financial
Thrivent Financial for Lutherans provides financial support and volunteers.
- Vogel Bros. Building Co. and
The Vogel Foundation
Vogel Bros. orders, receives, distributes and delivers the supplies. In cooperation with the Vogel Foundation, they also send out more than 600 solicitation letters, provide postage and mailing supplies, and make up the short fall between the cost of the supplies and the donations received.
- Numerous Dane County Area Business, Foundations and Individuals
Provide donations to help cover the cost of the school supplies.
Please join us in investing in our future
by helping support these KIDS and
share word of this need with your friends.
Tax-deductible contributions via check should be made to:
School Supplies for Kids c/o The Vogel Foundation
P.O. Box 7696
Madison, WI 53707-7696
If you have a question or require additional information, please contact RoJeane Anderson of Vogel Bros. Building Co. at (608) 241-5454 or email email@example.com.
“The staff and students of Crestwood Elementary would like to thank you for the generous donation of school supplies for the 2014-2015 school year. As you are aware, many of our students face socioeconomic problems on a daily basis and are unable to afford many of the basic school supplies which prepare them for a well-rounded and successful education. Through collaboration with the Vogel Foundation and other community organizations, we were able to provide the majority of our students with schools supplies to begin their year.” - Amy Bennet, School Social Worker
2014 Media Updates: