School Supplies for Kids
The School Supplies for Kids Program is in its 21st year!
- The program started with one neighborhood and now includes all public schools in Dane County.
- A list of the basic school supplies needed for each academic level was developed with the aid of area teachers.
What You Need to Know:
- Thanks to your support in 2013, we raised $44,969.16 to purchase supplies that were delivered to more than 140 schools and made available to an estimated 23,300 students in need. This is more than 31% of the students in Dane County. The percent varies by school from a low of 4% to a high of 80%
- Statistics from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction show that Dane County School enrollment has grown more the 11.65% in the last five years. In that same period however, the number of economically disadvantaged students has grown by more than 35%.
- 100% of every dollar donated, minus Paypal fees for online contributions, goes directly to the purchase of school supplies. All materials for mailing, postage, coordination time and delivery costs are donated.
- Our goal for 2014 is to raise $55,000.
Our Generous Partners:
- Shopko Department Stores
Shopko provides the school supplies at a huge discount and delivers them to Vogel Bros. Building Co.
- Mead & Hunt Inc.
Provides financial support and all of the labor to sort the supplies for distribution.
- Local 311
Provides financial suport and assists with delivery of supplies.
- Vogel Bros. Building Co. and
The Vogel Foundation
Vogel Bros. orders, receives, distributes and delivers the supplies. In cooperation with the Vogel Foundation, they also send out more than 600 solicitation letters, provide postage and mailing supplies, and make up the short fall between the cost of the supplies and the donations received.
Assists with the deliveries to rural area schools in Dane County.
- Thrivent Financial
Thrivent Financial for Lutherans provides financial support and volunteers.
- Numerous Dane County Area Business, Foundations and Individuals
Provide donations to help cover the cost of the school supplies. Donations received in 2013 totaled nearly $45,000.
Please join us in investing in our future
by helping support these KIDS and
share word of this need with your friends.
Tax-deductible contributions via check should be made to:
The Vogel Foundation (School Supplies)
P.O. Box 7696
Madison, WI 53707-7696
If you have a question or require additional information, please contact RoJeane Anderson of Vogel Bros. Building Co. at (608) 241-5454 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Each year we have a number of families in need of assistance. Some have acute circumstances and need help getting supplies due to job loss or other family hardships. Your donations enable us to assist more families more comprehensively with supplies than we otherwise would be able. It is wonderful to know that your donations are timely and allow us to make up supply kits so that the students have them on the first day of school. It is a blessing for students to be able to arrive at school with one less worry.”
- Mary Vosters, School Psychologist
Monona Grove School District
2013 Media Updates:
- More news posted soon ...